Western Red Cedar Split Rail Fencing
- Genuine hand-split Western Red Cedar fence posts and rails. Skilfull use of modern hydraulic splitting equipment ensures consistent sizing.
- Durability and resistance to rot without chemical preservatives.
- Western Red Cedar split rail fences are easy to build and require no painting, staining or other maintenance.
- Environmentally responsible. All-natural. Made from America's renewable and growing resource - wood.
- Our beefy standard weight posts are much heavier and look better than the wimpy pony weight offered by others.
- 10' long rails have a minimum girth of 12"
- Rails tongued and posts mortised.
- Posts have a minimum girth of 18".
- We stock both 2-rail and 3-rail versions.
- 2-rail installed height: top rail will be at approximately 31" when fence is installed with 12" under the bottom rail.
- 3-rail installed height: top rail will be at approximately 45" when fence is installed with 12" under the bottom rail.
- Clean, fresh and bright stock - always!
- We endeavor to maintain a strong inventory of this product line all year round (unlike the seasonal players).
- We regularly ship this product throughout the Great Lakes region and beyond!
- For package quotations on deliveries throughout Michigan, Ontario and the entire Great Lakes region please call our cedar fence specialist Mark Lenhart at 800 365-7701.
- Pressure treated Red Pine boards.
- Three Spruce cross rails for superior strength and stability.
- For site-built fences.
- We recommend using 4x4-10' treated posts 8' on center with three 2x4-8' treated or 2x4-8' architect knotty Cedar horizontal nailers. Or, save money by ripping three nailers from one piece of 2x6.
- 1x6-6' Western Red Cedar, #2 grade with two rough faces, no knot holes, 5-1/2" net width (dog-eared top)
- 1x6-6' Western Red Cedar, #2 grade with two rough faces, no knot holes, 5-1/2" net width
- 1x4-6' Tacoma rough sawn Cedar, 3-1/2" net width
- 1x6-6' Tacoma rough sawn Cedar. 5-1/2" net width
- 1x4-6' Preservative treated #2 Pine S4S (smooth), 3-1/2" net width
- 1x6-6' Preservative treated #2 Pine S4S (smooth), 3-1/2" net width
- 5/8x6-6' Rough sawn preservative treated Pine, 5-1/2" net width (dog-eared top)
- 1x6-12' Primed premium grade rough sawn Spruce (cut into 6' lengths), 5-1/2" net width
Fence Installation by Fingerle - please click here to learn more